Friday, January 23, 2009

It's Monkey Time!

TGIF!!! So I've finally grabbed a few minutes to give you all another peek into my crazy little life... I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into this term - I'm paddling as hard as I can and I'm hardly keeping my head above water - and the good news? I have ANOTHER course starting in 2 weeks... HA!!! Talk about overwhelming... So what's my solution to the problem? I've set up a short meeting with my friends Ben & Jerry, they're bringing their monkey... he's chunky... yum... lol... K, that was lame, but I did indeed stop by Safeway today and purchase a small carton of Chunky Monkey - I haven't cracked it open yet - but it's there in the freezer waiting to console me whenever I end up needing it... =P

I wrote my first E-Business test this week. I must admit - the advent of the internet has made for some very cool instruction & assessment delivery at the college level. We wrote our tests in class, online (through RRC's WebCT site) and when you're done you click submit and it INSTANTLY MARKS YOUR TEST!!! Very cool. I got 93%. Definitely not complaining! So I got to leave for lunch knowing I'd done well and I didn't have to wait a few days to get my grade back. I love it! (I'm thinking the instructor loves it too because she doesn't have a bunch of tests to grade!!) We're also being subjected to Marketing quizzes EVERY DAY based on the previous lecture. I'm averaging about 75% right now - DEFINITELY need to work on that... They're not worth very much, but still... There will be no 4.5 at that rate... lol...

Can't wait til tomorrow - Niki's coming over for "Murray Family Freezer-Meal Day" to fill our freezers (theirs and ours) with meals cuz everyone's so stinkin busy and running a million different directions all the time. I do believe lasagne is on the list... yummy! And it's going to be fun too. Hopefully I can tear myself away from studying & homework for long enough to be a part of the party...

Oh - funny story for the week... I had quite the day on Monday - I was stressed to the max, exhausted, and things just weren't going my way... So I picked Dad up from work and we drove home. I was reaching into the backseat for bags of groceries and Dad was getting his lunch kit (big cooler style - you know the hard plastic kind) and he swung it through between the front seats the way he always does - BUT - my head was in the way. That's right - he clocked me right in the forehead - full swing, bounced it... lol... It STILL hurts tonight, but luckily the bruise it left was very light and hardly detectable when I wear my hair right... lol... Well, that's my silly story for the week... The moral of the story? Keep your eye on the cooler - or - Bangs can cover a mulititude of mishaps... ha!

Have a great week! For those of you in Manitoba, welcome back to the deepfreeze... It's a bummer, but so what else is new. Despite the fact that it's -35 outside I have a feeling I'll still be meeting with Ben & Jerry sometime this weekend. It's Monkey time. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - I have to stop checking your blog. Everytime I see this post I want to eat chocolate!

Brian

Kyla said...

Sorry Brian - I guess I need to update... haha

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. . .Chunky Monkey. . .you may find a few bites missing if you aren't careful. . .although I can't be very stealthy with 3 kids in tow. . i may have to use them as distractionary measures while I make a break for your fridge!! Oh and bangs are also good for covering up deep forehead creases. . yup. . .don't ask!